Sunday, February 26, 2006

Will I ever learn this bloody language?

I am a little behind in posting, so today I am posting about what happened on Wednesday.

The company Dutch lessons have eventually begun. Once a week, every Wednesday after work. The first lesson was fun. We were two classes (beginners 1 and beginners 2) merged together, since one of the teachers couldn't come. Unfortunately this reflected in the fact that some were starting absolutely from scratch, while some others could put some words together. We presented ourselves and interviewed each other. The funniest moment was when one (an English guy) revealed that his Dutch girlfriend is not so happy he cannot speak Dutch after living there for some years (6, I think). He was among the best, however.

They say practice makes perfect. I hope these lessons help do some practice. But 1.5 hours a week are not enough in my opinion. A week earlier, Kees, a colleague of mine who is very fond of Italy and often goes on holiday there, accepted giving me a private lesson of Dutch in exchange for a lesson of Italian. Unfortunately he is leaving for a long holiday. Pity. I need to find some other Dutch willing to learn Italian.

No comments: