Thursday, March 09, 2006

Get lost!

Last Saturday it was nice weather, so I and Elisa decided to go to Muiden by bicycle. I brought my TomTom One to find the way.

So, a bike route sign told us to turn right. The TomTom told us to go straight, so we went straight. Suddenly we met a road with no bicycle lane, and the TomTom told us that it was the right way. What should we do? Elisa thinks that, this time, we should not follow the TomTom, so we turn right. Guess what? We get lost in a plain with little human presence, and still covered by snow from the previous days.
The plain, fortunately, had lots of signposts, so we eventually found our way. And, when in Muiden, we found that the castle was closed.
We had lunch in a typical Dutch bar, furnished with a lot of wood, and with a rug as tablecloth (yes, a rug! I wonder how hygienic it is...). The lunch was not bad, Dutch cheese and worst (sausage).
On the way back home, it started raining. Clouds must have realised we were by bike.
And on Monday I discovered the rear tube had a hole. Again! This time, remembering the past experience, I didn't take off the wheel, I managed to repair it by just removing the external tyre. No more rip-offs from bike repairers!
On Tuesday I voted for the municipality and district elections. As an EU citizen registered as living in the Netherlands, I have right to vote for local elections (not for national ones) automatically. It was fun. The voting offices are much more relaxed than in Italy, no police outside, and they didn't even ask me for a document!

And tomorrow is CeBIT day! Yippie!

No comments: