Saturday, September 02, 2006

A story with a happy ending

No post in the last weeks. But the last weeks were not so uneventful. (I should have blogged earlier. But I always did something else instead. Much less useful, of course).

Last week I received a visit from two long time Italian friends, and their daughter, who will turn 6 in a few months. They came with their motorhome. Well, they had to take care of theit girl a lot, so probably they didn't have so much spare time to go around and visit the city. But it was fun. And the girl (and her father) appreciated the C64 DTV a lot. I'm such a geek I appreciate those things.

The last day of their visit (Friday past week) they went to my house while I and Elisa were at work, relaxed a little, checked and wrote e-mails etc. When they came back to their motorhome, which was parked in the same street, they didn't find it. They only found a bunch of glass spliners instead. So they phoned me, worried, saying "The motorhome's been stolen!". I was astonished, I would like to help them in any case, but the only thing I could do was to point them to the nearest police office.

Less than one hour after, an SMS gave relief. The motorhome was at the police. Apparently, a petty thief broke the glass and took a bag (which was visible from outside), but then, maybe seen by people who lived aorund, just flew away, neglecting all the valuables inside the motorhome. The police, in order to prevent more thefts from a motorhome with a broken glass, took it away (without posting any signs of doing that). And the bag was found a few meters away in the street. So, after replacing the glass, everything was back to normal.

They left Amsterdam and headed for the Hoge Veluwe .

No comments: