Monday, March 05, 2007

My piece of heaven

I had to change house much quicker than expected. My landlady wanted it with no delay, and the fact that I hadn't found a new house yet did nothing to change her mind.

Luckily, my saviour came in the person of my neighbour downstairs. I was looking for some temporary accommodation, and asked her if she could let me stay in the meantime. The other temporary accommodations did not materialise, so my stay, which was supposed at first to last one week, will end up being one month.

Our relationship during this period was, in small scale, the same as in the previous period of neighbourhood. She studies and works, so she is always very busy. Yet, when she does have free time, she is exceptionally kind and friendly. So, her spare room with my computer, her Internet connection, my Ikea foldable bed and many object which did not fit anywhere else in her house are currently my piece of heaven. And I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I really, really don't know how I can be grateful to her, everything seems not enough.

Next week, I will move to my real new house. It is in the opposite side of the city, and smaller than the old one. But it is nice and cheap (for Amsterdam standards). I'm sure I'll love it. As they say, a door closes, a gate opens.

No comments: