Monday, October 08, 2007

I can live with you and I can live without you

Elisa is going back and forth from Italy to here. Now she's in Italy.

So, how do I feel, all alone in my apartment? Well, strange. I don't miss her when she's not here. Yet, it's not bad either when she's here.

Nec tecum nec sine te vivere possum, I can live neither with you nor without you, is a verse about 2000 years old (maybe by Catullus). In my case, it's the opposite.

So, why did that happen? Elisa taught me a lot, including having more self-confidence, and, in general, the importance of relationships with others. Those helped me to be more happy, whatever happens. In short, Elisa taught me not to need her.

Open questions are: is this a good or a bad thing? And how stable is this going to be? The question to the second answer is: not much. Yet, I don't care, because it is stable right now. It's like the initial scene of La Haine: the narrator tells about a guy who, falling from a tall building, repeats to himself, "So far so good... so far so good". By the way, La Haine is one of the first movies I and Elisa saw together.

No comments: