Monday, April 12, 2010

Show ownership

Eventually, it happened. After so much wishing, 3 months ago, I've become the proud owner of a home in Amsterdam.

I only actually moved there on 1st March. There are many reasons. One is that I wanted to give a long prior notice to the landlord. He has always been fair with me, being fair with him is the right thing. Another one is the bad experience of my first house: I got the notice that I should leave it with only 2 weeks advance. So I wanted to take time. Yet another one was the lack of a bed. A new bed was ordered on 16th January, few days after I got the keys. The furniture shop said that the bed would have taken 6 weeks. And they were right. Even too much: the first 2 days I had to sleep on temporary beds because the real one hadn't come yet.

After moving furniture and boxes, and after sleeping on an inappropriate bed on the first day, my back became very painful. Luckily the situation improved in the following days.

But I'm so happy. It is close to my first Amsterdam home: it feels like a comeback after a long exile (almost three years). And it has proper heating. And the neighbourhood is lovely. And the bathroom has a decent size. And there is a locked space for the bike. And it's mine!!!

No comments: